Huwebes, Mayo 7, 2015

Ham and Cheese Quesadillas



The letter for this month's Alphabakes is Q - a little difficult when it comes to baking (I did a Queen of Puddings when this letter came up last time) - but there are a few savoury dishes and ingredients that begin with Q.

I've made quesadillas before and they are quick and easy; they are a Mexican dish so it was particularly good timing as I was looking for ways to use up ingredients in my fridge before going on holiday to Mexico, and as I was in the middle of packing didn't want to make anything that would take too long.

A quesadilla is basically a tortilla, filled with cheese and anything else you fancy, folded over and fried on both sides or grilled, so the cheese melts, then cut into triangles to serve.

I had some soft flour tortillas in the fridge to use up and a packet of ham, and bought some spicy cheese which I thought would work really well in this recipe.


Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, then place the tortilla in the pan. Place the ham and cheese on top - you only need to cover one side of the tortilla with the cheese. Fold in half and cook for a few minutes, then carefully turn over and cook on the other side.


Slice into half to serve. You can see the melted cheese oozing out here - delicious!



I'm sending this to Alphabakes, the challenge I co-host with Ros of The More Than Occasional Baker, as the letter she has chosen is Q.


As I was using up ingredients before I went on holiday this is perfect for the Kitchen Clearout challenge, hosted by Madhouse Family Reviews.


For the same reason I'm sending this to the No Waste Food Challenge, hosted by Elizabeth's Kitchen...


.. and Credit Crunch Munch, hosted by Baking Queen74, on behalf of Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla of Fab Food 4 All.

 
The theme for this month's Tea Time Treats is sandwiches, rolls and wraps. Tortillas are used more commonly as wraps but a quesadilla is basically a toasted sandwich. The challenge is hosted by Jane at the Hedgecombers and Karen at Lavender and Lovage.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento